Parmalat Shelf Stable
- Great for cooking
- No preservatives
Natrel Skim Milk
- UHT pasteurization
- 14-day lifespan
It’s a well-known fact that milk gives you calcium for strong teeth and bones, but milk has many other benefits you might not realize.
It boosts your protein intake and gives your body many nutrients, such as vitamin D, phosphorus, and potassium.
Should adults drink milk?
Milk is a healthy beverage for children and adults to consume because of its nutrients. For example, it helps you to keep bone issues such as fractures and osteoporosis at bay.
Milk also enhances the flavor and texture of beverages and food, such as baked goods.
There are many different types of milk out there to satisfy your lifestyle needs, such as if you want to prevent weight gain or stock up on milk that doesn’t have to be refrigerated. With that in mind, here’s our guide to the best milk to buy in 2022.
Best Overall: Parmalat Shelf Stable
This is a great milk to stock up on in your pantry, as it will come in handy on days when you’re unable to go to the grocery store. You don’t have to refrigerate it until you open it, so it will last for a really long time.
This is ensured by its production process – the milk gets heated at higher temperatures so that it stays fresher for longer. This shelf-stable milk can remain fresh for up to six months when stored at room temperature.
This means you can use this milk for a variety of situations, such as if you’re home-bound because of a natural disaster, your home’s power has been knocked out and your fridge isn’t working, or you’re headed to a camping trip for the weekend but want to enjoy your daily coffee.
This Parmalat milk contains many healthy ingredients, such as Vitamin A, Vitamin D, calcium, and protein. It doesn’t have any preservatives.
Since it’s made with reduced-fat, it has 38 percent less fat than what you’ll find in whole milk, which is what makes it perfect for a low-fat diet.
This Parmalat milk comes in a Tetra Pak container that prevents external contamination, and it’s been designed with six layers of protection as well as an airtight seal. This is important to ensure the purity of the milk, even when you’re storing it for a long time.
- Size: 1 quart (pack of three)
- Flavour: Wholesome
- This milk comes in a convenient pack of three
- Its special packaging process ensures that its nutrients and flavor remain intact
- This milk contains Vitamin D3, which helps your body to absorb calcium
- Since it’s been processed under Ultra-High Temperatures (UHT), it tastes sweeter. This makes it great for use in cooking and baking
- People have said that although it’s 2 percent reduced milk, it tastes like regular milk
- After opening this milk, you have to refrigerate it and consume it within seven days
- Make sure you open it and refrigerate it before use as this is said to enhance the milk’s taste
Parmalat Shelf Stable
Runner-Up: Natrel Skim Milk
This is a product that’s made with Grade A milk but it doesn’t have any preservatives or additives, which makes it healthy. It’s also free of gluten, which is great if you’re sensitive to this ingredient.
Natrel is a brand that’s committed to bringing fine-filtered, lactose-free, and organic milk products to consumers. Their skim milk product makes our list of the best milks on the market for various reasons.
One of them is that it’s convenient milk to stock up on, whether at home, in the office, or on the road in your RV, because it’s shelf-stable and can therefore last for a long time before expiring.
It comes in a six-pack box, which makes it convenient to store in your pantry for rainy days when you can’t get milk at the grocery store.
While it doesn’t contain preservatives, this milk is an excellent source of important nutrients your body requires, such as protein, Vitamin A, Vitamin D, and calcium.
Although it gives you the nutrients that you’d gain from traditional milk, this skim milk undergoes UHT pasteurization which eliminates any harmful organisms from the milk before it gets packaged and sent to you. It’s therefore a tasty, healthy milk to stock up on and enjoy. Since it’s creamy, it’s also the best milk for frothing!
- Size: 32 oz
- Flavour: Creamy
- This best organic milk has a smooth consistency and taste, and isn’t too runny
- This milk can stay fresh for up to a year, which is very convenient
- This best skim milk on the market has been Kosher-certified
- It provides only 80 calories per serving, which makes it suitable for a low-calorie diet
- This milk is sourced from cows but is not treated with rBST/rBGH, both of which are growth hormones and have been linked to health problems in humans
- Some people who have purchased this milk have reported receiving expired cartons
- The milk has an off-white color which some people have said is a bit unappealing
- The milk packaging isn’t as sturdy as it should be, which has resulted in quality issues
Parmalat Shelf Stable
Alternative: Gossner Foods
This milk by Gossner is labelled as Grade A milk. What this means is that it has been produced under sufficient sanitary conditions. It doesn’t contain any preservatives and is focused on being as natural as possible
This is another top-quality milk that you can purchase from Amazon which doesn’t contain any growth hormones.
It has a long shelf life, which is around nine months, so it’ll be useful for a variety of activities, such as when you’re traveling, hiking, or spending time on the road. It’s also an excellent milk product for preppers to store, as you never know when it will come in handy.
You can purchase this milk in a pack of two. When opening it, the carton of milk has an easy-open screw cap to prevent spills and messes. This also makes it convenient when you’re using it in your car or RV.
You’ll love that this milk has the consistency of regular milk but with a bit of sweetness added to it, while still being light because it’s low in fat.
The company ensures that their milk is produced in the USA and it supports the troops, so you can be assured that by buying this milk you’re doing a good deed.
- Size: 32 oz
- Flavour: Sweet
- This best milk for weight loss contains healthy nutrients such as Vitamin A, protein, and Vitamin D3
- It comes in convenient one-quart boxes that you can store in your home or car
- The milk cartons come with caps that are easy for anyone to open, including children
- Once opened, this milk has a lifespan in the fridge of 14 days, which is a bit longer than other types of milk
- Although it’s low-fat milk, it doesn’t taste diluted or lack the satisfying experience of regular milk
- This milk is currently unavailable on Amazon so you’ll have to purchase it elsewhere
- Even though it’s low-fat milk, it still gives you about 100 calories per serving which is a bit higher than what you’ll find in other low-fat milk products
Parmalat Shelf Stable
Best Powder Milk: Natural Foods
Maybe you like to drink powdered milk instead of liquid milk. There are many benefits of doing this, such as that your powdered milk will have a longer shelf life than liquid milk while still containing the same nutrients.
You will get all the same vitamins you’ll find in regular milk in this powdered milk version – the only difference is that water is removed during its production to turn it into a convenient powder that you can use in coffee, tea, baked goods, and more.
If you love powdered milk, this one by Z Natural Foods is one of the best you can purchase. It’s made from pure cow’s milk and doesn’t contain growth hormones, but it’s also got many other benefits you should know about.
For example, this milk is an excellent source of both protein and calcium, giving you the nutrients you need to follow a healthy diet.
Since this powdered milk undergoes a short period of pasteurization at a faster drying process, this enhances its quality and flavor as compared to other milk powders on the market.
Therefore, if you’ve never tried powdered milk before but you’d like to, this one is the best product to buy.
- Size: 5 pounds
- Flavour: Whole milk
- This powder milk is free of gluten and GMOs, and it’s also Kosher-certified
- It’s easy to use. Simply mix a cup of water with three tablespoons of milk powder to make liquid milk
- This powdered milk has a shelf life of nine months
- You can extend this product’s shelf life by storing it in the freezer, which is convenient
- Since it’s whole milk powder, it’s creamy and works well in baking and when making smoothies
- Some people have said that they didn’t like the way this powder milk tastes
- Some people have said that it’s not very affordable for the quantity
- It does not mix easily with water. You might have to use a blender or whisk
Parmalat Shelf Stable
Runner-Up: Judee’s Whole Milk
This is another whole-milk powder product on our list that’s one of the best on the market because it’s filled with healthy ingredients that won’t flare up your allergies or make you feel guilty about consuming milk.
Judee’s is a company that prides itself on producing fresh, allergy-conscious ingredients, and this milk powder ticks all the right boxes.
This milk has been sourced from a Kosher-certified dairy farm located in the midwestern USA. It’s free of hormones, so it doesn’t contain potentially harmful bovine growth hormones.
Since it’s whole milk, this powder is versatile. You’ll be able to enjoy it in your hot beverages, like your morning cup of coffee or tea, but it’s creamy enough for use in baked goods. It’s also really easy to use as a substitute for liquid milk in recipes.
Simply mix one cup of warm water with ¼ cup of milk powder so that you get one cup of whole milk.
This powdered milk gives you a lot of healthy nutrients, such as calcium, protein, and potassium so you don’t have to worry that by consuming powdered milk you’re missing out on the health benefits of liquid milk.
- Size: 11 oz
- Flavour: Whole milk
- The pouch of this powdered milk is strong and resealable. It’s also lined with foil and free of BPA
- This milk is gluten free and has been made in a nut-free facility so it’s safe if you have nut allergies
- There is no sugar added to this milk, so it’s the best milk for diabetics
- It smells and tastes like fresh liquid milk, which is great
- This best milk to drink is free of GMOs
- It’s a bit difficult to get this powdered milk to dissolve easily
- Some people who have purchased this powdered milk have said that it leaves behind a residue in their coffee cup
- Others have complained about the expiry date not being very long, so it’s not ideal for long-term storage
Best Milk FAQ
If you love to drink milk regularly or you add it to cooking and baking recipes once in a while, you’ll want to ensure you have the healthiest, tastiest milk on hand.
It’s easy to get into the habit of choosing the cheapest milk that you can find at your local supermarket, but this might prevent you from finding a healthier, tastier milk product!
With that in mind, here are some things to consider before you run out and purchase milk from the grocery store.
Which type of milk is the healthiest?
There are many milks that are considered to be healthy, such as almond and oat milk. This can make it difficult to know which one is the healthiest to purchase.
These milk types are becoming more popular because many people are lactose intolerant or choose to forego animal-based products in their diets, which is why they want alternatives to cow’s milk.
Almond milk has less saturated fat and more unsaturated fats (the good kinds of fat) than cow’s milk. This is why it’s often chosen as a healthy non-dairy option.
Hemp milk, which is also a healthy type of non-dairy milk, contains more protein than almond milk but less than what you’ll find in cow’s milk.
Oat milk is another good option, and what sets it apart from other types of milk on the market is that it contains a higher quantity of vitamin B2 than cow’s milk.
That said, cow’s milk is still considered to be a healthy option, provided that you can tolerate lactose, as it contains a lot of nutrients.
These include niacin, protein, Vitamin D, potassium, and calcium. That said, since it contains saturated fat, for health reasons it is recommended that you consume non-fat milk instead of full-fat milk.
What milk should I drink?
The type of milk you choose to drink is a very personal decision. There are some things to take into consideration when deciding what milk you should consume.
For starters, consider the nutrients that you require in your diet. If you want to increase the amount of protein you consume, for example, choosing cow’s or almond milk is a good choice. On the other hand, if you need to top up on more Vitamin B2, oat milk is a good option.
You also need to consider how the milk tastes. This is essential as you don’t want to be stuck with milk that just doesn’t taste good to you, but this might take a bit of trial and error so that you find the milk you like the best.
Finally, think about how you’re going to use the milk. If you want to add it to baked goods, whole milk is a good choice as it will be creamy.
If you mainly want to add milk to coffee or tea, some milks might not be thick or creamy enough to make your beverage satisfying.
Whole milk is usually regarded as the best milk to add to your beverages as it’s both thick and creamy, but soy milk is also a good choice. You just have to be careful when adding it to hot liquids because it can curdle.
What is the most expensive kind of milk?
When grocery shopping, you might find that organic milk is more expensive than other types of milk. Interestingly, although organic milk does cost more money to produce, this isn’t actually the reason why it’s more expensive to buy.
It’s been said that the increase in price varies from one region to the next but there exists a higher margin on organic milk, with supply versus demand being a major contributor to why it’s sold at a higher price tag.
On the topic of the most expensive milk, it’s worth noting that camel milk is considered to be the most costly – it’s 30 times more expensive than cow’s milk! This type of milk is popular in Africa and the Middle East.
The reason for its high cost is because of how it’s in high demand. In the Middle East, for example, people use camels for food and transport, with their primary diet containing camel milk.
This type of milk also has a lot of health benefits, such as that it has more calcium, potassium, and Vitamin C than cow’s milk, which further makes it a popular type of milk.
What country drinks the most milk in the world?
Research from 2020 found that India was the largest consumer of cow’s milk that year, as people in the country consumed more than 81 million metric tons of it!
The European Union came in second place, with a consumption of 33.4 million metric tons of milk.
The reason why India is the world’s largest milk consumer is as a result of its dairy industry, and how its milk production has increased over the last 10 years.
Indian cuisine makes use of popular milk-based foods, such as paneer, ghee, and lassi, with yogurt and curd being the most valuable and sought-after ones. This has contributed to the popularity of milk in general in the country.
If you love drinking milk, you might be interested in knowing what the best milks are that you should consider purchasing and trying in your morning coffee.
There are many different types of milk on the market, but in this article, we’ve featured some of the best quality ones to consider to make it easier for you to find the one that’s the healthiest and tastiest.
These milk products have many benefits, from containing high amounts of nutrients and vitamins to being free of GMOs and growth hormones.
In this article, we’ve also looked at some important things to know about milk in general, such as the most expensive type of milk you can buy and how to go about choosing the best milk to meet your needs from the dizzying variety on the supermarket shelves.
Parmalat Shelf Stable
Great for cooking